Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Sunday 5 January 2014

brand new


Happy 2014!

I hope you had a lovely break over Christmas and are excited for the year ahead. How did you celebrate? We spend a blustery Christmas by the sea with my family and saw in the new year with a dear friend in the best way possible - with onesies, facepacks and cocktails (Sorry Pina Colada, your place in my heart has been usurped by a Fizzy Fuzzy Navel.) 

Although it seemed to pass in a bit of a blur, thinking back 2013 was kind of a big deal. I started a new job, Mr P finished his Masters and moved back here, we found a flat and moved in together, planned a wedding and got hitched. In 2013 there were a couple of firsts - a rock concert and a trip to the nail salon. The two were unrelated. Hands down my top 2013 moment was the impromptu heart-shaped conga-line after the wedding. Genius. 

I'm grateful for all that's happened this year and everyone who made it awesome. Some of my favourite moments of 2013 were spent with friends, laughing until we cried, cycling through the forest, making tea, baking in pyjamas, impromptu drives, meeting deadlines, learning new things, wearing red shoes and crafting my derriere off.  

Herringbone - it's not just a stitch pattern, it's a lifestyle choice.
Learning a new stitch pattern was a fab way to start the year. I feel a tradition coming on.  

So 2014? I'm not sure what's in store, but I'd like to. . .

Pray harder
Knit a jumper
Crochet a blanket
Start running again
Darn my socks 
Push myself
Be a morning person (any advice welcome!)
Listen
Be patient

Have you made any resolutions or goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...